So I decide to look and see if there was an earthquake. Nope, no earthquake this morning. However I did find one that went unnoticed, at least by me. Maybe it was reported in the news and I missed it. Probably not as it was only a magnitude 2.6.
Here are the details:
Magnitude 2.6 - GEORGIA, USA 2011 May 03 05:59:16 UTC Magnitude 2.6 Date-Time * Tuesday, May 03, 2011 at 05:59:16 UTC * Tuesday, May 03, 2011 at 01:59:16 AM at epicenter * Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 33.240°N, 82.773°W Depth 28.4 km (17.6 miles) Region GEORGIA, USA Distances * 7 km (4 miles) WNW (287°) from Mitchell, GA * 17 km (10 miles) NW (306°) from Edge Hill, GA * 17 km (10 miles) W (273°) from Gibson, GA * 46 km (29 miles) ENE (68°) from Milledgeville, GA * 73 km (45 miles) WSW (253°) from Augusta, GA * 162 km (101 miles) ESE (110°) from Atlanta, GA Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 5.5 km (3.4 miles); depth +/- 3.4 km (2.1 miles) Parameters NST= 14, Nph= 16, Dmin=67 km, Rmss=0.16 sec, Gp=104°, M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A Source * Southeast U.S. Seismic Network Event ID se050311a
source: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/
I'm watching 'The Flesh Eaters' - 1964

No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome to my little neck of the woods in West Central Georgia. What's on your mind ? *Spam will be deleted.