I still think, and am looking for a wrench to be thrown into the mix this year. I previously had forecast / predicted for this winter season at least one good snow event down here of at least 6 inches. That's my story and I'm sticken to it. My thinking is we're over due for a good snow event, the last being February 12 2010. I think we'll see our chances of icy wintery mix type scenarios at least 2-3 times as well, just like last winter 2010-2011.
I'm hoping this doesn't mean we're in for another highly active severe spring season like we had this year, 2011.
A couple links that may interest you:
PROGNOSTIC DISCUSSION FOR LONG-LEAD SEASONAL OUTLOOKS NWS CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER CAMP SPRINGS MD
Farmers' Almanac - 2012 Farmers' Almanac Winter Outlook
Memorable winter weather events in Cataula Georgia :
Sleet and Freezing Rain January 10 2011 : Ice on the muscadine vine looking towards the back 40. Picture taken around 4 PM EST
White Christmas in Cataula Georgia December 25 2010 : It came late, starting around 7:30 pm and ending by 9:30 pm. We ended with anywhere from a quarter to a half inch of snow. Side note: My sister got to see a white Christmas :) She passed away in February 2011 :(
Snow event February 12 2010 : The snow didn't amount to as much as I had forecast, 5-8 inches, or hoped in my area. We did end up with right at 4 inches at the homestead.
Snow event March 1 2009 : At 5:11 pm March 1,2009 snow in the yard right at 5 and three quarter inches. Forecast snow amounts were for 1-3 inches.
March 8 2008 : Not much, but enough to get us all excited. Others would call it Flurries. We call it SNOWWWWWWWWW!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome to my little neck of the woods in West Central Georgia. What's on your mind ? *Spam will be deleted.